The Society of Adventist Communicators is an organization for the professional development, continuing education, recognition, networking, and nurturing of Christians with careers in communication.
To nurture the professional growth of communicators in a spiritual and social environment.
To expand and strengthen our global network by developing leaders who pursue excellence in communication.
- Every communication/media profession as a holy calling
- The gospel commission as a call to action and involvement in our community
- Excellence and integrity in all communication
- Diversity of persons, precepts and expression
- Cooperation and fellowship among all Adventist communicators
- Freedom to communicate in an open climate
- Respect and support for fellow communicators, whatever the medium, whomever the employer
Exciting membership information coming soon!
This professional development organization began in 1988 as the Southern Society of Adventist Communicators (SSAC). After 11 years, a vote was cast in 1999 to invite all Adventist communicators in the United States - thus the Society of Adventist Communicators (SAC) was born. “By expanding the organization to communicators across the nation, it has provided resources which has enabled SAC to grow and also meet the needs of the Adventist communicators who are employed by non-Adventist organizations,” said Olson Perry, former treasurer/secretary of SAC and former communication director of the Southern Union Conference. “This has also raised the level of fellowship and training among our members,” he added. The first national convention was held in 2000 at the Seventh-day Adventist World Headquarters building in Silver Spring, Maryland.
Former SAC locations and themes
- 2017 - Portland, Oregon - "Building Bridges"
- 2016 - Denver, Colorado - "Keep Climbing"
- 2015 - Washington, D.C. - "Pillars of Communication"
- 2014 - Jacksonville, Florida - "25 Years of Communicating Excellence"
- 2013 - Salt Lake City, Utah - "Communicating Christ in the Chaos"
- 2012 - Albuquerque, New Mexico - "Soaring to New Heights"
- 2011 - Chicago (Lombard), Illinois - "Integrated Communication: The Hub of Excellence"
- 2010 - Rochester, New York - "Remembering Our Roots, Growing The Future"
- 2009 - Newport Beach, California - "Riding the Wave of Communication Excellence"
- 2008 - Denver, Colorado - "The Communicator's Edge: Taking it to the Peak"
- 2007 - Nashville, Tennessee - "Communication: The Notes to Perfect Harmony"
- 2006 - Baltimore, Maryland - "Story: The Heart and Soul of Communication"
- 2005 - Portland, Oregon - "Give Them Something to Talk About"
- 2004 - Dallas, Texas
- 2003 - Orlando, Florida
- 2002 - Ontario, California - "Communicating Without Limits"
- 2001 - Chicago, Illinois
- 2000 - Silver Spring, Maryland
Former SSAC locations
- 1999 - Huntsville, Alabama
- 1998 - Orlando, Florida
- 1997 - Atlanta, Georgia
- 1996 - Jekyll Island, Georgia
- 1995 - Orlando, Florida
- 1994 - Fort Mill, South Carolina
- 1993 - Crandall, Georgia
- 1992 - Crandall, Georgia
- 1991 - Hilton Head, South Carolina
- 1990 - Hilton Head, South Carolina
- 1989 - High Springs, Florida